Shearon Environmental Design is seeking a well-qualified design-oriented individual to join our design team in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania.
Shearon Environmental Design is a family-owned landscape design/build/maintenance firm with branches in Plymouth Meeting & Downingtown, PA and Princeton & Voorhees, NJ. Since 1974, Shearon has provided top quality landscape design/build services to a wide range of commercial, institutional and high-end residential clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Shearon maintains several specialty divisions including Shearon Golf focusing on golf course design, restoration and construction; and Shearon Sports offering a comprehensive approach to athletic field design, construction and management. The successful candidate will be expected to interface with all branches and divisions within the company.
Prospective candidates shall possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Contracting with a design focus or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience in landscape design/build firm or closely connected trade.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD 2015, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
• Strong hand graphic, color rendering and verbal presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage the design process from conceptual design through construction documentation and implementation
• Extensive knowledge of plant material, including identification and utilization in the landscape
• Knowledge of other landscape elements including hardscape, irrigation, grading, drainage and low voltage lighting
Benefits include competitive salary, bonus program, 401K, vacation, medical, and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified candidates should send the following items by email to email@example.com
• Cover letter highlighting applicable experience and interests
• Work samples of AutoCAD work and Design Rendering including but not limited to: Construction drawing sets, construction details, master plans, hand sketches/graphics/rendering, digital graphics/rendering
• Three references
Shearon Environmental Design recognizes that its success for over 40 years is a direct result of the outstanding team members who make up the company. It is the men and women taking pride in their work and striving every day to exceed the customers’ expectations who allow the Shearon Advantage to become a reality.
Shearon Environmental Design offers several unique opportunities to future team members, including dedication to making their career at Shearon Environmental Design a mutually beneficial experience while providing a challenging, exciting, and fulfilling environment. Shearon Environmental Design’s size and diversity enables us to provide many opportunities for continuing education, professional training, and career diversification. The personal goals and aspirations of every member of the Shearon Team are important to our ultimate success; therefore during our annual review process we make an effort to ensure our team members’ needs are being met.
To inquire about career opportunities at Shearon Environmental Design please complete the online application, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-610-828-5488 to find out how you can join our team.
Shearon Environmental Design is always searching for the best talent in the green industry. Because of our continued growth and success, we are continually hiring capable men and women throughout the Mid-Atlantic states. To inquire about specific opportunities in the following fields, please complete this form or contact the office in the geographical area that you would like to work in.
- Golf Course Superintendents
- IPM Specialists
- Irrigation Technicians
- Landscape Architects
- Landscape Construction
- Landscape Designers
- Landscape Maintenance Superintendents
- Landscape Managers
- Tree Climbers
Shearon Environmental Design offers internship programs to candidates who possess a strong commitment to quality, are goal oriented, and are ready for a challenge. If these characteristics describe you, Shearon is interested in speaking with you. Participating in Shearon’s internship program will provide you with an opportunity to experience an array of on the job training within a large commercial landscape firm. Upon graduation, successful candidates are often placed in full-time positions.
Student housing subsidies are available for summer interns.
Students must be enrolled in a landscape or horticulture related program, maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA, and have a clean driving record.
- Golf Course Management
- Golf Course Construction
- Grounds Management
- Landscape Architecture
- Landscape Management
- Landscape Construction
- Ornamental Horticulture